Friday, April 13, 2018

The Candidate's Wife: The Early Bird Catches the Audience or something like that

Primo: I just got off the phone with James Parker!

Me: Oh - that radio host. I like his show. I listen to him sometimes when I am driving to work.

Primo: He's invited me to be a guest on his show next week!

Me: Wow! That's great!

Primo: He wanted me on at 7:00 but I said that was kind of early for me, so I'm going on at 8:00.

Me: Umm. Are you sure about that?

Primo: Why? Seven is way too early! I don't want to have to get up for that.

Me: But - people listen to the radio when they are in their cars. By 8:00, they'll all already be at work.

Primo: But 7:00 is so - so early.

Me: Yeah. I. Know. I'm usually at work by then.

Primo: You think I should do it at 7:00 instead of 8:00.

Me: Yes.

Primo: So. Early.

Me: One. Morning.

Primo: So. Early.

Me: This is not New York. People here get up early.

Primo: OK, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment