Friday, September 24, 2010

In which Primo gets exasperated with Doris and Sly

Primo: Why do my parents have to be so difficult?

Me: I dunno.

Primo: Jack [his brother] told them that Michael and Maria [Jack and Stephanie's kids] don't want Sly and Doris helping them with their college applications because of all their [Sly and Doris'] negativity.

Me: Yeah? What did your mom and dad say that?

Primo: They don't believe it.

Me: So what's the reason that Michael and Maria aren't asking for help? Have they thought about that?

Primo: And you don't like being around them. But in their eyes, it's all because something is wrong with you and something is wrong with Michael and Maria.

Me: They're not good at identifying the "X" in an equation, are they?

Primo: [big sigh] If I could just stick my finger in your bellybutton, things would be all better.

Me: Go ahead.

Primo: Really?

Me: If it would really solve the problems with your parents, I'll make the sacrifice.

Primo: I wish. It won't. Never mind.

Me: You have another 48 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment