Thursday, August 13, 2015

In which Primo suggests a new career direction and I just about pass out

Primo: So my friend John really wants to start a beer bar.

Me: That's  nice.

Primo: I am really  interested in working with him on it.

Me: We are not going to invest money in a beer bar.

Primo: Why not?

Me: Because most small businesses fail. Because restaurants are even  more risky than most small businesses. How much money did your parents lose on Jack's restaurant?

Primo: That's different. You are using my parents as an example of what not to do. I would not do it wrong like they did.

Me: We spent $20,000 on your campaign.

Primo: See, that's what I would be talking about -  not the $200,000 my parents lost on the restaurant.

Me: Are. You. Kidding. Me? You really think it would be a good idea TO BLOW TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ON A BAR?

Primo: Who says it would be blown?

Me: Oh. My. God.

Primo: It could work.

Me: If I am going to blow twenty grand, I am going to get plastic surgery or take some fabulous trips.

Primo: It's just an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment