Friday, July 15, 2016

In which Jack texts Primo to ask why he hasn't sent Sly's computer to him yet

Yes. He did.

It's not an unreasonable question, but if I were contacting Primo for the first time in months, I might have said something like this:

Hi Primo,

We haven't spoken in while. I know you must still be busy with settling the estate. Thank you for dropping everything the day before the enrollment deadline at Stephanie's work to get the kids set up on her health insurance, thanks for helping Maria buy a car, and thanks for writing the checks for Maria's student loans and the kids' health insurance every month. It's extra work for you and I appreciate what you are doing for my children.

We had discussed that I would get Dad's computer once you were done with it. Have you had a chance to download all the files you need to do his taxes? Any ideas on when you will be able to send it to me? I am glad to have the windfall of a new computer - I have needed one - and I will be happy  to get it.

I know you have already sold the house and gotten rid of all of Dad's and Doris' stuff, but is there anything I can do to help you settle the estate? It must be a lot of work.

Thanks, bro,

Jack

9 comments:

  1. what a nice note ... that would have been. jack probably doesn't read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. webb, I sure hope he doesn't, although you know what? Even if he did, so what? Primo has all the power now. :) And he has already been disinherited, so he can't be disinherited again.

      Delete
  2. Ted has been chewing on Jack's ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see Jack sending this text after Ted emails or calls to complain about Primo and effectively goads him in to it.

      Delete
    2. ^^^a thousand times this^^^

      Delete
    3. Yeah, that must be it, because Jack is mostly decent most of the time.

      Delete
  3. That would have been the perfect note to send.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wipe the hard drive and install Windows ME. Then send it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Gene, I'm not even sure that Ted deserves that! :D

      Delete