Friday, October 7, 2016

In which Primo and I debate getting rid of a book about Simplifying Your Life and I point out to Primo that considering the book has been sitting on the shelf for eight years without being opened that perhaps keeping it is not the right thing to do

Primo: But I might read it!

Me: Sure. Because you have felt compelled to do so in the past eight years since we moved into the house?

Primo: It could happen.

Me: Right.

Primo: It could! And don't you think I need to simply my life?

Me: Yes. And I think you start by putting that book in the library box.


Related - tonight, while he is making supper -marinating the venison that our friend Brian gave to us.

Primo: Hey! Where's that chili sauce I used to use for marinating meat?

Me: I think I threw it away.

Primo: You didn't consult me!

Me: We moved it from your apartment to the house eight years ago.

Primo: So?

Me: It was OPENED when we moved.

Primo: I thought you said that kind of thing doesn't go bad.

Me: Yes! Before it is opened! But I don't think it's a good idea to eat food that has been opened for over eight years, do you?

Primo: No, I guess not. You're right.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought I would know of someone worse than my hubs about throwing stuff away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when money was very tight, I realized that I'd rather spend another couple of dollars buying a condiment or a computer part rather than keeping cubic yards of crap that I will likely never need. It took me a while to realize it, but being willing to spend that theoretical few dollars to reclaim that space is really worth it.

    ReplyDelete