Thursday, October 19, 2017

In which Primo asks if I will make the amazing Memphis Junior League Onion Dip for the house party and I say, Yeah, I love you, but no

Primo: Would you make your onion dip for the house party?

Me: No! You promised I wouldn't have to do anything for that event. You said I should just plan something out of the house that night!

Primo: I would help! I could cut things!

Me: I get the frozen chopped onions.

Primo: OK! I can do that! If I get everything, will you prepare it?

Me: Nope. But I will show you the recipe and stand next to you while you make it.


Primo: But I want you to make it!


Me: What if I die before you do? Won't you want to know how to make it?

Primo: I'll be like every other person whose spouse dies and who doesn't know how to cook. I would just regress to cooking what I already know how to cook.


Me: So you would never want the onion dip again?


Primo: I guess I would have to figure it out. But for now, it's a lot easier to ask you.

1 comment:

  1. If that's the recipe I think it is, there are all of four ingredients in it. Come on Primo, you're an engineer! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete