Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Candidate's Wife: I suggest that Primo go to the Cub Scouts' pancake breakfast to campaign but then we agree that it seems so - so - sleazy

Me: The Cub Scouts are having a pancake breakfast next Sunday at St. Mathilda's. You should go.

Primo: Why?

Me: To get your name out there.

Primo: To campaign?

Me: Yes.

Primo: But that seems so wrong.

Me: You don't have to do a hard sell. Just talk to people.

Primo: But it's not even my church. It would seem so obvious.

Me: Yeah, I guess.

Primo: I don't think I can do that. If it were a church I already attended, that would be fine. But to go just to campaign?

Me: I know that people do do this. I just don't know how.

2 comments:

  1. It's a chance to talk to and socialize with a group of people that Primo might not normally talk to, and hear their concerns! It's what he would want to do if elected, right? So he should do it now, so he's not already behind on what his constituents think and want if he does get elected.

    That's my thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this! I have already forwarded your comment (which had gone into the spam folder - why, blogger, why?) to Primo.

      Delete