Greg Sweeney, President and CEO
The Potpourri Group Inc.
101 Billerica Ave., Bldg. 2 N. Billerica, MA 01862
January 2, 2018
Dear Mr. Sweeney,
I am taking the desperate step of sending you a letter via the USPO as trying to stop your catalogs from coming to my house via regular channels is not working.
Since 2012, when my husband’s mother ordered something for me from one of your catalogs (I returned it because bless her heart, my late mother in law had horrible taste), I have been unable to stop the flow of catalogs.
By the way, I have not ordered a product from a paper catalog since I was in my 20s. I am a 54 years old, middle class, employed, married no children white female with an MBA. You may want to add this information to your “probably not a target demographic for us” list, as I do not think I am at all unusual.
Here are the things I have tried to get you to stop sending me catalogs:
- February 2012: Submitted a request via the Catalog Favorites website for catalogs to stop
- April 2012: Submitted a request via the Catalog Favorites website for catalogs to stop
- September 2015: My husband put his mother’s name, his father’s name, and their address on the Deceased Do Not Contact list. (Mother died May 2015, father died July 2015)
- September 2015: My husband put in a forwarding order for his parents mail so he could get their mail at our house as he closed their estate.
- At some point, you guys decided that a forwarding order trumped a “Deceased do not contact” order and started sending Doris’s catalogs to my home address.
- I tried to get you to stop.
o I don’t want your stuff
o Even if I did want your stuff, I would not buy it from a catalog – I would go online
o I really don’t want my dead mother in law’s mail
- I submitted repeated requests to your websites, yet continued to get catalogs, to the point that yesterday, I got catalogs addressed to the request I sent you via your sites a few months ago
o STOP SENDING YOUR CA OR CURRENT RESIDENT (Catalog Favorites)
o TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIS OR CURRENT RESIDENT (Whatever Works)
Mr. Sweeney, I do not know how I can be more clear.
I do not ever want a catalog from your group to hit my mailbox. Even 50 years after I am dead, I do not want Potpourri Group catalogs to arrive at [my address].
I say this as someone who has a (God willing) defined benefit coming someday from International Paper, which means I have a strong interest in the consumption of coated papers. Yet I do not want your catalogs. Please remove me and remove my address (and you might as well remove Doris, as she has been dead for over two years) from any list you have now and any list you might ever have in the future.
The Gold Digger