Monday, July 13, 2015

In which there is more plumbing drama - if you are squeamish, don't read this

Primo stayed with Sly and Doris for a week.

Then came home for a day and a half.

And went back to Sly and Doris', where he will be for a week.

Because - and you know this - they had made no provisions whatsoever for care after Primo's departure and are incapable of taking care of themselves.

Primo has arranged for a retired RN who now does caretaking, including light housework, cooking, and grocery shopping, to come for an interview today.


  • Sunday
  • 3/1, 8:43am
    Primo

    Cranky this morning. My dad peed in his shorts again last night. Fortunately, he was on a waterproof pad.
    And one of the cats left a big, runny poop on the floor.
  • 8:43am
    Me

    oh no!!
    nobody is doing it right!
  • 3/1, 8:44am
    Primo

    My mom thinks that Dad may be so embarrassed that he can't say anything. I said that it would help if he said that he's embarrassed.
  • 8:44am
    Me

    Yeah
    Your dad is never at a loss for words
    I rather doubt he is too embarrassed to say anything
  • 3/1, 8:44am
    Primo

    And apologized for our having to clean it up.
  • 8:44am
    Me

    yes
  • 8:44am
    Primo

    (It would help if he had also done that.)
  • 8:44am
    Me

    I know what you meant
    no, he is not embarrassed
  • 3/1, 8:45am
    Primo

    I had to get up early because there was a lot of noise when the "accident" was discovered.
    Cranky!
    The lady who may be able to help is coming over at noon.
  • 8:45am
    Me

    should be cranky!
    they couldn't have quietly dealt with it?
    or quietly waited for you to get up later?
  • 3/1, 8:46am
    Primo

    My mom had to find the second waterproof pad, so there was much clattering around.
  • 6 comments:

    1. Didn't realize this was so long in the past or wouldn't have made my earlier Depends suggestion. Trust by now they have long since worked those kinds of things out. Can't imagine how hard this is on both of you. Well, and i guess them, too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh no! That was a great suggestion. I really appreciated it and I would have loved to have done it, although I am not sure that Sly would have gone for it. I don't write this in real time for fear that Sly and Doris will find it, although I suppose a three-month lag doesn't make that much difference.

        Delete
    2. With the three-month time-lag this is all water under the bridge, but maybe it can help someone else in your situation : there is a marvelous company called Caring Transitions which specializes in downsizing and relocating seniors. They will work with seniors whose children are out-of-state, and do all the heavy lifting (estate sales, moving, working out what furniture goes where in the new location). Look for a franchise near you! Having a third party handle details dials the drama right down.

      It looks like it was a lucky thing that Primo didn't have his job to worry about as well as this fraught time, and I hope everyone is comfortably settled by now.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. My friend Bruce owns one of the franchises! I recommend them just based on what I know about how Bruce works.

        Delete
    3. The retired RN help sounds promising, but that's not how things seem to go at chez Sly and Doris. Anyway, I hope all is much better now.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ha. Nope. That is not how things go with them.

        Delete