Friday, October 2, 2015

In which Ted, who is not a doctor and has not even played one on TV, asks Primo if Primo interrogated the anesthesiologist

You guys know that Ted is not my favorite, right? He is the one who sent me a super-nasty email about how f*ing stupid I was about Ted Kennedy, whom I had not met personally, so who was I to judge? I have searched my old emails to try to find the actual note. I can't find it, but because Ted BCC'd everyone in his family on his note to me and because Primo never deletes his old emails, I know it's somewhere in Primo's archives and I have asked him to find it so I can share it with you.

Wait. I found it. It's too nasty. I was not a saint by any means, but a tasteless joke about Ted Kennedy and a restating of the facts, which as far as I know, have not been in dispute for decades, does not merit a personal attack on me. He wrote:

please do me (and yourself) two favors: 1. stop with the stupid-ass smiley faces on emails. makes you look like a dipshit.2. the day after you have a knowledge base that exceeds kindergarten about these issues, let's talk. you can start by listing your syllabus on this issue. have you been to dike bridge? did you know edward moore kennedy? how much do you know about mary jo kopechne. please: stop being such an asshole on this subject.


You can imagine I have no interest in seeing this guy again.

My sister has met Ted. She also knows what a jerk he is.

Ted had called Primo after Sly's surgery and asked Primo if Primo had grilled the anesthesiologist before the surgery.

"About what?" Primo asked.

"About what drugs he planned to use! X drug! Y drug!"

"No!" Primo answered, bemused.

"Well I have filmed a lot of  brain surgeries," Ted told Primo.

"Just what was I supposed to do?" Primo asked me. " I assume that the surgeon AT MAYO knows what the heck he is doing. I didn't even know I was supposed to be asking those kinds of questions!"

"I don't think you are," I replied.

Then we laughed about what a pompous jerk Ted is.

I messaged my sister, who actually is a medical professional. And I wouldn't even ask her to grill the anesthesiologist on my behalf. You know - because she is not an anesthesiologist.

11 hours ago
Me
Talking to Primo - he says Ted asked if Primo grilled the anesthesiologist about the drugs
Me
"I've filmed lots of brain surgeries," Ted said
Me
RIght!
Me
Because someone who has filmed surgery is qualified to discuss which drugs to use

My sister
OMG!

My sister
And what would he do with that information?
a few seconds ago
Me
Maybe tell the doc how to do it right?

16 comments:

  1. I am irate for you and Primo. I hope the story concludes with Sly, the smartest man in the room, moving in with Ted, the other smartest man in the room, and their brains explode trying to outsmart each other and y'all are rid of both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am furious on your behalf. It's clear Ted got his people skills from Sly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just having a bit of trouble keeping up here ... is Ted a "whole" brother or a "half" brother. It doesn't really matter, but have lost my lineup sheet.

    Either way, he's an ass - clearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An ass "whole" brother, perhaps :D

      And Goldy, I am outraged for you! What an obnoxious and self righteous fidiot. You probably have to suck it up for the funeral for Primo's sake but once past that would not blame you for a lifetime of "nopes" there.

      J x

      Delete
    2. Webb, Ted is a half brother. Sly abandoned Ted's mother, Ted, and Jack when Ted and Jack were very little boys to marry Doris.

      J, I LOVE "ASS WHOLE" brother! It's perfect.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like Primo must have been switched at birth. How could all of these people be such jerk wads.? My condolences to the excellent Primo. besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyondbeige, I KNOW! I keep asking Primo if he is sure that he is actually blood kin to these people.

      Delete
  5. Ted is his father's son. His email oozes hostility.
    I like what Anonymous #1 suggested - can you make that happen in your book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, if I can't make it happen in real life, I will for sure put it in the book. Thank you for the idea!

      Delete
  6. You guys are cracking me up! I read your comments to Primo and he said, "Wow. It sure didn't take them long to figure him out!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gold Digger, I don't think I've ever gotten an email as nasty as that from anyone, let alone a sort-of relative. These people are toxic; the sooner Sly dies and you don't ever have to interact with the rest of the family, the better. Wow. My blood is boiling on your behalf. Is Ted's wife as beaten down as Doris seemed to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon, Ted'sWife seems to be fine and actually appears to join his nastiness in some recent emails. The two of them have Primo and me reeling. Yesterday's emails - which you will see in February - were so vicious that I wanted to call Ted and scream at him.

      Delete