Tuesday, February 7, 2017

In which a politician whom I have never liked anyhow donates $1,000 to a candidate who is running unopposed in November but only $100 to Primo, even though Primo has donated money to this politician and has helped him campaign


Primo: Politician X gave $100 to my campaign last night.

Me: Wow! That's really nice. I think he's a total sleazeball, but that's nice of him to contribute.

Primo: He gave $1,000 to [Candidate Y], too.

Me: Really?

Primo: She won her primary in August and is running unopposed. So she doesn't even need the money.

Me: That seems kind of - unbalanced.

Primo: I have done doors for him. I have helped him a lot. I have contributed to his campaigns.

Me: Did he at least contribute as much to you as you have given to him?

Primo: Nope.

Me: I see.

Primo: So now I know where I stand.

Me: So you're not going to give him more money or help?

Primo: Um. No.

No comments:

Post a Comment