Sunday, February 5, 2017

In which Primo laments that he has no volunteers

to which I say, "Did you ever email the people who volunteered on your last campaign?"

to which he answers, "No."

And I say, "Have you emailed people you have met during this campaign who expressed an interest in helping?"

and he says, "No."

Then I ask, "Have you asked the people whom you have helped on their campaigns to help you?"

and he answers, "No."

Which makes me wonder what kind of elected representative Primo would be if he is not willing to ask people for stuff. It seems that once elected, all politicians ever do is ask for more money and more time and more more more from people THEY SHOULD BE LEAVING ALONE. Dang. Once you are elected, go do your dang job. Quit asking for more money. Quit it.

One of the things I like about Primo is he is not a grabby, asky person. However - one email to people who might want to help him - something like, "Dear person who wants me to be elected - would you please help me by doing doors for one afternoon/distributing ten yard signs/donating ten dollars to my campaign?"

That? That would not be so awful. One email. Just one. Not pushy. To people who had already expressed an interest.

But that's not how Primo rolls. I guess that's good. I guess I won't ever wake up to discover that Primo has been taken by the feds for running some Ponzi-scheme operation from our basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment