Monday, February 4, 2013

Thursday Aug 9 Dwelling on the mean thing Harold said

Primo: I didn't go out last night. I just went back upstairs and worked.

Me: I thought that's what I heard. Why didn't you go out? You would have had some fun and relaxed.

Primo: I kept thinking about what Harold said to me. It really bothered me.

Me: He's a jerk.

Primo: It bothered me.

Me: I don't think it's about you. I think it's because he decided not to run and now you're running instead and it makes him look bad. I'll bet he doesn't want you to win because then he'll really look bad. Here an unknown comes in and wins when someone who had 20 years at the state house didn't even have the guts to run.

Primo: Maybe. But why should he be so rude to me?

Me: Because he's thinking about his own ego instead of the good of the party.

Primo: But he shouldn't! He shouldn't be thinking about himself!

Me: No, but that's human nature.

Primo: I think people get into office and then they worry more about staying in office than about serving the public.

Me: I think you're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment