Friday, November 13, 2015

In which we talk about cancelling our vacation

Primo: Jack and I don't think dad would want to be intubated.

Me: OK.

Primo: But Ted does.

Me: Not good. But you have the medical power of attorney, right?

Primo: Yes, but I would like to have consensus with my brothers.

Me: Of course.

Primo: And Ted thinks dad should have the surgery.

Me: Does that mean Ted will move there to take care of your dad and clean the bag?

Primo: I don't think so. Besides, he would have to be in a nursing home. He could not take care of himself.

Me: That does not sound like something he would like.

Primo: I don't think so.

Me: Did you cancel the cottage?

Primo: No.

Me: Sweetie, we need to give them a chance to re-rent it. They should not have to take a financial hit.

Primo: But what if my dad dies this weekend? Then we could still go.

Me: Good point.

No comments:

Post a Comment