Monday, June 26, 2017

Ch 3 What a person eats at a fish fry

We eat a ton. Fried fish – my uncle has been fishing for weeks to build up the supply. He dredges the fish in a beer batter with a pinch of baking soda, then fries it. They know how to fry fish in Wisconsin.

There are what are called "salads," rolls, and dessert. Desserts. Lots of desserts.

By definition, I believe a salad is a mixture of ingredients that are not cooked after they are mixed. Technically, the dish consisting of apples, whipped cream and sliced Snickers bars for which one finds the recipe in almost any church cookbook, is a salad.
Ha.

There is my grandmother’s apple strudel, which is excellent. She does not peel her apples.


There is beer. Almost everyone drinks. I don't because beer does not taste good to me, but in Wisconsin? It's what for breakfast.


Primo meets my grandmother, my aunts, my uncles, my cousins, my brother, and my sister – and they are all nice to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment