Thursday, July 20, 2017

Ch 6 Doris breaks her wrist and my first thought is, “Drunk”

Primo: Oh no!

Me: What?

Primo: Jack just called. My mom fell when she was visiting my dad in the hospital and she broke her wrist.

Me: Oh no! How bad is it?

Primo: She’ll be OK, but she won’t be able to use it for a good while. And it’s her right wrist.

Me: Is she right handed?

Primo: Yes.

Me: What happened?

Primo: She tripped on some of the lines in the hospital room.

Me: I don’t understand. Aren’t hospitals pretty good about making sure there aren’t hazards by the bed? I don’t remember ever having to look out for lines when my dad was in the hospital and he was in two different hospitals and in multiple rooms.

Primo: I don’t know.

Me: Is it possible – do you think alcohol might have been involved?


Primo: Probably. Ted once said that my dad turns wives into alcoholics.

No comments:

Post a Comment