Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Ch 6 Sly asks Primo to fix their computer, even though Primo is nowhere near their computer and does not have that magic that lets him repair objects he cannot see

Primo: My dad wants me to call back tomorrow and fix their computer.

Me: He wants you to fix their computer?

Primo: Yes.

Me: But – you are over a thousand miles away from them.

Primo: I know.

Me: And – you cannot actually see the computer. If you were a corporate IT person, you could ping into their computer, but – you are not a corporate IT person and do not have that power.

Primo: I know.

Me: And – this is completely irrelevant because of the points I have already made – why can’t they do this now on a Sunday afternoon instead of tomorrow when you have to work?

He shakes his head.

Me: Oh! Because it’s time to start drinking?

Primo: Yes.

Me: What’s wrong with it?

Primo: I don’t know. Something with the wireless. And it’s a Mac. I am a PC guy.

Me: What did you tell them?


Primo: I explained that I don’t know Macs and even if I did, I could do nothing from this far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment