Sunday, August 27, 2017

Ch 9 The cats have fleas, or, the cats still have fleas, even though the vet gave Sly the medication months ago

Primo: I took the cats to the vet – they have fleas. They already had fleas a few months ago but my parents never gave them the treatment. When I got here, I saw that they were scratching and scratching and losing patches of hair. The vet said he had diagnosed them three months ago and had given the medication to my parents, but when I asked them about it, they said that they had not used it.

Me: But why?

Primo: They said it couldn’t be fleas because the cats don’t go outside.

Me: But – they go in the porch. Your parents have the air conditioning on all day but leave the porch door open.

Primo: Maybe they think because it’s screened that it doesn’t count as outside?

Me: Oh right. Screens keep fleas out.


Primo: Not when I haven’t repaired the holes in the screen. That must be how the fleas got in – from the tears in the screens. This is clearly my fault for not being here to repair the screen when it gets torn.

No comments:

Post a Comment