Monday, August 28, 2017

Ch 9 Sly and Doris don’t like the cookies I sent and are angry I did not send more of them

Me: Did they like the cookies?

Primo: They said you didn't send enough of them.

Me: That's it? They complained there weren't enough?

Primo: And they didn't like the hazelnut ones.

Me: So they didn't like the cookies and there weren't enough of them.

Primo: Pretty much.

Me: Figures.

Primo: And they called you an Ice Queen. And blamed you for keeping me away from them.

Me: Except – right now you are there. I am not keeping you away from them.

Primo: I know.

Me: But of course if it weren't for me, they would see you all the time. Wouldn't they?


Primo: Oh definitely. I just love visiting them and spending time with them.

1 comment:

  1. It's sad to be so relentlessly focused on the negative. My mom and sister can get like that - they'll spend an hour or more just kvetching. Makes me depressed.

    In your shoes, I would have eventually told Primo that I couldn't be his ear for parent stuff anymore...it would have worn on me.

    ReplyDelete