Friday, January 11, 2013

Sunday July 1 Late from the meet and greet

Primo returned from the meet and greet an hour after it was supposed to have ended. These things take time, I suppose.

"Was it worth it?" I asked.

"Yes," he said. "There were about 40 people there. I arrived just as Tabitha was finishing speaking, so they asked me to speak. I just introduced myself and said where the district is and who I'm running against. I didn't talk about the issues."

"You don't need to," I said. "Anyone who goes to a political fundraiser doesn't care about the issues. They're going to vote for the person in their party."

He nodded. "I just have to get them to vote."

"There were people telling Tabitha she had to counter the Stripes lies, be aggressive, blunt their attacks," he said as he laid a paper napkin wrapped around brownies on the counter.

Right. Because that's all Stripes do is lie, lie, lie.

"Are those any good?" I asked.

"Nope," he said.

Why can't Polka Dots serve a decent dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment