Monday, July 10, 2017

Ch 5 Christmas day Primo repairs the garbage disposal and Sly wants to test it on Christmas day, which is an easy day to get a plumber

Remember that broken garbage disposal? Primo repaired it, spending half the morning on his back underneath the sink.

My advice to everyone: Date an engineer. They can fix things.

The disposal has not been tested yet. After dinner, I start to scrape the dishes into the trash can. There is a lot of wasted food – My People Do Not Waste – and it kills me to throw food away, but I am learning that people who drink a lot of alcohol do not have big appetites.

Sly: Goldie! Put that food down the disposal.

Me: I don’t think I should. The disposal hasn't been working.

Besides, who scrapes leftovers into the disposal? We didn’t have one when I was a kid, so I don’t know all the rules, but should meat and possibly bones go down the disposal? Bones shouldn’t for sure. They should be used to make soup.

Sly: Do it!

Me: What if it breaks again? It will cost an arm and a leg to get a plumber to make an emergency visit on a holiday and that’s if you can find someone who will do it.

Sly looks at me as if I'd sprouted horns. Who would do something so wacky as to call a plumber?

Sly: Primo can fix it.

Me: Oh that's just how I want Primo to spend his vacation.


Muttered to myself, of course. I am going to be the agreeable girlfriend who does not cause drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment