Friday, July 14, 2017

Ch 6 Primo doesn’t like how I do cereal IN MY OWN HOUSE and we start arguing about how we will raise children if we have them

Primo: You opened a new box of cereal!

Me: So?

Primo: But you’re supposed to finish the other boxes that are already open first. And you’re not supposed to eat cereal for supper.

Me: Says who?

Primo: It’s the right thing to do. Didn’t your mother teach you?

Me: I don’t care. I wanted this cereal. And this is my house and my cereal, so I win.

Primo: If we have kids, will you let them open the new boxes before finishing the old ones?

Me: Nope.

Primo: Will you open the new box?

Me: Yes.

Primo: What if the kid says, “How come you get to open it and I don’t?”

Me: I’ll say, “When you’re paying the mortgage and buying the groceries, you can open whatever you want.”

Primo: But that’s different rules for kids and for grownups.


Me: So what?

1 comment:

  1. If older kids (like college age) bought their own cereal and were allowed to open their own cereal boxes whenever they wanted, then it's the same rule. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

    (I may or may not have used this principle to get the small, non-fancy wedding I wanted. But with limited success because I was "selfish" for putting things I wanted in my registry. Instead, I should have anticipated what each person would want to buy for me and put THOSE items on the registry, even though we already had multiple duplicates each and/or didn't want the item in question.)

    ReplyDelete