Sunday, September 10, 2017

Ch 10 Primo admits he should have stood up for me

Me: You remember when your mom and dad got cranky because I didn’t want to watch TV with them?

Primo: Yes.

Me: I wish you hadn’t involved me at all. I wish you had just said, once they started complaining, “Yep. She’s reading. She’s not watching TV with us.”

Primo: But in their mind, this is the sort of thing you are supposed to do to suck up to them to earn their approval. This is a family thing, watching TV together.

Me: Yeah, but you shouldn’t have to be complicit.

Primo: What do you mean?

Me: I wish you had just told them that I was going to stay in the guest room and read and I was not going to watch TV. I wish you had not given in to terrorists.


Primo: You’re right. I didn’t do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment