Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Ch 11 Primo defends Doris’ lack of enthusiasm

Primo: You put her on the spot. What was she supposed to say?

Me: Oh puh-leeze. It is not putting someone on the spot to say that her son is lucky to be with me. She did not have to make a list of all my many wonderful qualities. All she had to do was say, “Yes! He is lucky to have you!”

Primo: You’re right, but if you expect to get by with the bare minimum with them, just doing what needs to be done on the outside, like cleaning the fridge, helping prepare meals and do dishes, you cannot expect my mom mother to fake enthusiasm with you.

Me: Really? Not only am I totally, correctly polite to them, I clean the mold and mildew out of their refrigerator – I clean their fridge, period. She can’t even agree with me on one little thing? I think she could fake enthusiasm just for that.

Primo: I think my mother has no idea anymore about how to feel enthusiastic about anything.


Me: Good point.

No comments:

Post a Comment