Thursday, January 3, 2013

Friday June 22 T-shirt drama

Primo picked up the t-shirts Samantha had ordered. They were supposed to have his campaign logo on them. He planned to wear one in the half marathon he is running tomorrow and for which he is completely unprepared.

That's what happens when you don't train.

And I hate to say it - OK, no I don't but I can't say it with too much relish because the problem with I told you so is that the times you really can say it are the times when you shouldn't, but I told him so. I warned him that he wouldn't have time to train and that it would be miserable to run a race again. Did we learn nothing last year? Why pay $60 to be miserable?

Yet he insisted. He signed up for the race. I declined.

So. His plan was to wear a t-shirt with "Primo for State House" during the race.

He brought the box in. Opened it. Looked at the shirts.

1. The logo is printed on the front only.
2. The logo is printed in black and white instead of the blue that we chose.
3. There are 12 smalls, 12 mediums, six large, and two extra large. Which might not be so bad except the small is too small for me. I am 5'5" and weigh 143 pounds. That means the small shirts are good only for people who weigh a good 15-20 pounds less than I do. They are that tight.

"Where's the purchase order?" I asked.

He didn't have one. He hadn't written the PO. The invoice stated 20 assorted shirts with black and white print. No specs other than that.

"I don't think there is a purchase order," he said. "Samantha ordered them."

"Maybe we should have one next time," I suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment