Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Sept 3 Samantha thinks I can convert the Stripes

Me: Why do you have me going to Stripe houses?*

Primo: Samantha thinks you're my secret weapon on those.

Me: What do you mean? I'm supposed to get them to vote for you?

Primo: Yes.

Me: And exactly what are these magic words that I am supposed to say to get someone to vote for someone they disagree with? I'm not going to lie.

Primo: I don't know.

Me: Tell Samantha to get me that script. I want to see what she thinks I should say.


* The voter lists show the name of the voter, the age, how of the past three elections he has voted in - it's scary how many people are not on the list because they have not voted in any of them, and the likely party affiliation. I am not pleased that the government has this information or that they give it out.

2 comments:

  1. I would be very unhappy at the thought of this kind of information being distributed. But nothing is sacred, anymore.I'm pretty sure Google knows more about me than my own spouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets worse! If you look at the party database, it shows how the person has answered any political surveys and if the person has signed any petitions, i.e. nominating or recall.

      I was looking up some people I knew and I was horrified at how much information they had. Then I was horrified at how wrong they got some things. I looked up my aunt and uncle, who have been married for over 50 years. It showed them with the same address but not at the same household. Then it showed them as mildly pro-abortion, which I know that they, as daily mass-going Catholics, are absolutely not!

      So the bad news is that there is a ton of what should be private information out there. The good news is that they get a lot of it wrong.

      (I stopped looking up people I know after that because it felt like an invasion of their privacy. Probably because it was an invasion of their privacy.)

      Delete