Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Ch 12 We have a nice yard – I will be damned if I am going to give Sly and Doris any reason to criticize our house – and Primo thinks it happened by accident

Primo: We're lucky we don't have dandelions in our yard.

Me: What?

Primo: Look at all the dandelions our neighbors have.

Me: You think it's luck?

Primo: Yes.

Me: You think it's just LUCKY that all the yards around ours are full of dandelions and our only yard HAPPENS NOT TO HAVE ANY DANDELIONS?

Primo: Yes?

Me: No. We are not "lucky" (as I do that air quotey thing). We are "hard worky." I have been pulling dandelions for weeks now.

Primo: You have?

Me: You haven't noticed?

Primo: No.

Me: Well, I have.

Primo: You get the roots and everything?

Me: Yes! When I was a kid, my dad paid me half a penny for every dandelion I pulled from the yard, but it had to have the root attached.

Primo: That's not a lot of money.


Me: It was to me, rich kid whose mom made his bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment