Saturday, October 7, 2017

Ch 12 I go to my aerobics class even though I have just learned I really am having a miscarriage because I really, really do not want to go back to my house and deal with Sly and Doris

What else could I do? I don’t have a copy of How To Act When You Are Having A Miscarriage.

As I sit on my bench waiting for class to start, another student comes over to me. "Are you OK?" she asks. "You look sad. Is something wrong?"

I don’t have any friends in the class – I’ve only been going to this morning class since I was laid off, but I recognize her.

I don’t know her.

She doesn’t know me.
I would rather smoke than exercise.
.
We have never spoken.


She has not had me in her home, has not been in my house since Saturday, has not shared meals with me, has not worked in the kitchen with me, and yet she knows something is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment