Thursday, October 5, 2017

Ch 12 Saturday Doctor tells me I am having a miscarriage

My phone rings. “Your hormone levels are very low,” Doctor B says. “That’s not good.”

“What does that mean?” I asks.

He explains that the pregnancy hormone levels drop when one is not pregnant anymore. That is, if the baby dies, the body doesn’t produce the hormones. Or something like that. I was an English major. This is science. But the upshot is that dropping hormones mean that the baby is probably dead.


(Even for someone who was not excited to be pregnant and who has felt like crap, those words are very hard to write in the same sentence: “baby” and “dead."

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known 2 women who not ambivalent, they were positive they did not want children. When they lost the pregnancy they were devastated. So sorry for your loss no matter how much time has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so hard to read. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete