Saturday, October 7, 2017

Ch 12 Sly and Doris are pissed that I don’t stick around to drink with them after dinner, even though they don’t want Primo to marry me and threatened to boycott our wedding – seriously, people – decide if you want me around or not!

After supper, at which Sly and Doris kill another bottle of wine and do not offer to help with the dishes, I clean the kitchen. I have the easy part – Primo is stuck with his drunk parents, taking one for the team.

Dishes done, I excuse myself to go to bed. I am lying. I am not going to bed. I am really excusing myself to hide and read a book. Alone. I like Alone.

Primo comes to bed an hour later: My mom and dad complained that you did not stay downstairs to socialize.

Me: Fuck them.

Primo: I know. I told them you were tired. I didn’t want to tell them the real reason.

Me: Even if I weren’t having a miscarriage, I would not want to spend more time with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment